Monday, March 29, 2010

Sleep

Ahh, sleep. For some, like my dog, he easily sleeps through the night and part of the day. For me, sleep is illusive, like losing weight and keeping it off. I am on medication enough to theoretically put down a horse, but for some reason my body chemistry doesn't seem to be impacted by it. Lack of sleep is one of the triggers to Mania, something I've enjoyed, yet work hard to avoid. Some solutions for this challenge are finding exercises that are calming, like yoga & meditation, or even golf. Golf doesn't actually work for me as I curse like a sailor when I whiff or find myself chasing that darn ball all over the fairway. That said, it doesn't have to be exercise. Artistic activities can also be calming. Look for the things that relax you and take the noise out of your head. Everyone has something, it's just not the same thing for everyone, much like this disorder. Be careful and make sure you're getting some good sleep. Find that thing that makes you peaceful and practice it before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment